Catholic Cemeteries & Funeral Services (CCFS) is committed to serving our bereaved families and working to ensure their health and safety. In order to do this, we are equally committed and focused on the health and safety of our employees. As a result of the COVID-19 Pandemic, CCFS has been adjusting our operations and levels of public interaction in an effort to do our part to slow the transmission of this virus. Please know that we are taking extra precautions to keep our facilities and offices sanitized. Our Funeral Homes and Cemetery offices remain open, by appointment only, to serve you and your family. Please review the following information for additional detail:
Safe Distance Protocol
CCFS has implemented a Safe Distance Protocol. We ask that there be no direct physical contact such as handshakes and hugs, and our employees will observe a 6-foot distance with visitors wherever possible.
All visitors will be screened:
– Do you have any of these symptoms? Fever / Chills / Shivers / New Onset of Cough / Shortness of Breath
– Have you or any member of your immediate family with whom you reside travelled outside of Ontario in the last 14 days?
– Have you or any member of your immediate family been in contact with someone who has or is suspected to have COVID-19?
– Are you or any member of your immediate family in self-isolation or quarantine?
– Has Public Health been involved?
If a visitor answers YES to any of the above questions, we ask that they kindly return home and call us to make arrangements by alternative means (phone/email, etc.)
For All Funeral, Cremation and Interment Services, Visiting of Cemetery/ Mausoleum and Office Appointments
– Any individual who is under quarantine is NOT permitted to attend any of our cemetery, mausoleum or funeral home locations for any reason.
– Visitation and Funeral Services held at our Funeral Homes are for immediate family and limited to a maximum of 10 attendees.
– Families are asked to hold the visitation and funeral service on the same day as the interment.
– The visitation and funeral service will be limited to a maximum of 2 hours per family.
– There will be no Family Receptions/Meals at our Funeral Homes or Reception Centres.
– Committal/Burial/Entombment Services at our CCFS Cemeteries are to be private and for immediate family and pallbearers only, to a maximum of 10 attendees. Attendance at a Cremation Witnessing will be limited to a maximum of 2 family members.
– While our outdoor cemetery grounds remain open, we recommend that visits that are non-essential or unrelated to an interment service be avoided. Please check our website for updates to our Cemetery gate hours. Mount Hope Cemetery Gates will be closed and locked at 4pm daily until further notice.
– The cemetery will remove wreaths on April 6th. Please ensure that you remove your wreath prior to that date if you wish to reuse it.
– Our mausoleum buildings will be closed for visits that are unrelated to attendance at an entombment.
– The cemetery office and funeral home staff remain available by appointment only. The cemetery office door will be locked during operating hours and opened only for those with appointments. The funeral home doors will be locked and opened only for those with appointments or during periods in which immediate family are attending funeral services.
– Office appointments at the cemetery or funeral home that are non-essential or unrelated to an immediate funeral/cremation/interment/entombment arrangement are to be postponed or completed by alternative means (phone/email, etc.). Where appointments are essential for arrangements, the appointment will be limited to a maximum of 2 family members.
– In the interest of everyone’s health, handshaking, hugging and other direct contact should be avoided. Unwell individuals should not attend the Funeral Home or Cemetery / Mausoleum / Crematorium for any reason. We are asking families to include this information in their public obituary notice.
Please be reminded of our Safe Distance Protocol to which all attendees will be required to adhere and maintain a distance of at least 6 feet from employees at all times. Immediate family viewing the closing of a grave (lower and fill) must maintain a distance of 50 feet from operating equipment for the health and safety of all.
Thank you for adhering to these protocols and for your understanding and patience during these unprecedented times. We pray for those infected with COVID-19, those caring for the sick and for one another.