Praying the world heals soon.
Posted by Catholic Cemeteries & Funeral Services – Archdiocese of Toronto on Monday, April 6, 2020
Catholic Cemeteries & Funeral Services (CCFS) is committed to serving our bereaved families and working to ensure their health and safety. In order to do this, we are equally committed and focused on the health and safety of our employees. As a result of the COVID-19 Pandemic, CCFS has been adjusting our operations and levels of public interaction in an effort to do our part to slow the transmission of this virus. Please know that we are taking extra precautions to keep our facilities and offices sanitized.
While our cemetery gates remain closed during our regular operating hours, the gates will be opened for family visits on the cemetery grounds only, Monday – Saturday from 4:30 pm – 7:30 pm and on Sunday and Statutory Holidays from 10:00 am – 4:30 pm. Our Mausolea remain closed until further notice. Entry to the cemetery and mausolea during regular operating hours will only be provided to those attending a funeral or burial, those with a scheduled appointment and for essential deliveries. Physical distancing requirements and attendee number restrictions are in place at all times in
keeping with Provincial Directives.
Our Funeral Homes and Cemetery offices remain open by telephone/email or by scheduled appointment to serve you and your family. Please review the following information for additional detail:
Safe Distance Protocol
CCFS has implemented a Safe Distance Protocol. We ask that there be no direct physical contact such as handshakes and hugs, and our employees will observe a 6-foot distance with visitors wherever possible. Please respect this protocol.
All individuals will be screened prior to entering a CCFS cemetery, funeral home, office or building:
- Do you have any of these symptoms? Fever / Chills / Shivers / New Onset of Cough / Shortness of Breath
- Have you/any member of your immediate family with whom you reside travelled outside of Ontario in the last 14 days?
- Have you or any member of your immediate family been in contact with someone who has or is suspected to have COVID-19?
- Are you or any member of your immediate family in self-isolation or quarantine?
- Has Public Health been involved?
If an individual answers YES to any of the above questions, they may not attend a CCFS cemetery, funeral home, office or building for any purpose. If the purpose of your visit is to make arrangements, please contact us and we will make these arrangements by alternative means (phone/email, etc.)
For Funeral, Cremation, Interment Services and Office Appointments related to a COVID-19 Death
- If the cause of death of your loved one is COVID-19 or is suspected to be COVID-19 please contact us to discuss our specific protocols for a COVID-19 decedent, so that we may serve you with care and compassion.
For Funeral, Cremation, Interment Services and Office Appointments NOT related to a COVID-19 Death
- Visitation and Funeral Services held at our Funeral Homes are limited to a maximum of 10 individuals. Upon request, CCFS can livestream the funeral service on the web for family and friends who are not able to be in attendance. Please contact us for more information.
- Families are asked to hold the visitation and funeral service on the same day as the interment.
- The visitation and funeral service will be limited to a maximum of 2 hours per family.
- There will be no Family Receptions/Meals at our Funeral Homes or Reception Centres.
- Committal/Burial/Entombment Services at our CCFS Cemeteries are limited to a maximum of 10 individuals.
- Until further notice, we are unable to provide the service of in-person Cremation Witnessing.
- The cemetery office and funeral home staff remain available by appointment only. The cemetery gates and office doors will be locked at all times and opened only for those with scheduled appointments. The funeral home doors will be locked and opened only for those with appointments or during periods in which immediate family are attending funeral services.
- Office appointments at the cemetery or funeral home that are non-essential or unrelated to an immediate funeral/cremation/interment/entombment arrangement are to be postponed or completed by alternative means (phone/email, etc.). Where appointments are essential for arrangements, the appointment will be limited to a maximum of 2 family members.
- In the interest of everyone’s health, handshaking, hugging and other direct contact should be avoided. Unwell individuals should not attend a CCFS cemetery, funeral home, office or building for any purpose. We are asking families to include this information in their public obituary notice.
Please be reminded of our Safe Distance Protocol to which all attendees will be required to adhere and maintain a distance of at least 6 feet from employees at all times. Immediate family viewing the closing of a grave (lower and fill) must maintain a distance of 50 feet from operating equipment for the health and safety of all.
Thank you for adhering to these protocols and for your understanding and patience during these unprecedented times.
We pray for those infected with COVID-19, those caring for the sick and for one another.