elevated TlWZw Catholic Cemeteries & Funeral Services – Archdiocese of Toronto (CCFS) is hiring full-time Administrative Assistant at Holy Cross Catholic Funeral Home located in Markham.
elevated TlWZw Job Responsibilities:
- Provide full administrative support along with the Funeral Home Administrator
- Assist the Manager in checking and verification of accuracy and organization of funeral arrangement files prior to approval.
- Assist Funeral Home staff with summarizing and listing all funeral home appointments and activities and distribute daily.
- Review and approve new online condolences for appropriate content for all new and past funerals. Posts condolences on line.
- Process purchase orders, Request For Approval and Request For Proposal. Scan/upload information in the Purchase Order system, including invoicing (ie. caskets/urns match to delivery note, supplier invoices (categorize and report amounts).
- Prepare the submission of the Funeral Home monthly Visa statement for payment submission; ensure all receipts are provided as back-up.
- Review and categorize all contractor invoiced items dependent by the various services provided. Issue a summary report to management and issue Request for Approval for processing.
- Monitor inventory of any required office supplies and place orders as required. Assist with Xerox maintenance, as required.
- Provide support to the funeral home Receptionist at peak times, periods of absences or as required and/or directed by the Funeral Home Manager.
- Assist and back up the Administrator to ensure all aspects of the funeral home administrative needs are met and as directed by the funeral home management team and in times of high volumes.
- Assist in the funeral home’s mission to develop and maintain relationships within the Catholic Community for the purposes of mission fulfillment and market share growth.
- Maintain an understanding of the Catholic faith as they pertain to funeral and burial practices.
elevated TlWZw Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Post-secondary education or greater.
- A minimum of 2 -3 years of job-related
- Bereavement experience is preferred
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong interpersonal and both verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail and consistently high level of accuracy when performing administrative tasks.
- Ability to use and learn various technological applications.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and works well under pressure.
- A clear Police Clearance Record is a required.
elevated TlWZw Employee Benefits:
elevated TlWZw At CCFS we recognize the importance of the ability to build a long lasting career that allows employees the ability to contribute, team work and professional development. As an employer, we seek candidates that share our vision for compassionate care and service, and are driven to build a long lasting and rewarding career with a bereavement sector leader. As an employer we offer:
- secure employment with balanced work schedules
- competitive salary and annual incentives
- full benefit package
- employee assistance programs
- pension plan program
- uniform program
- training opportunities
- employee recognition programs
- a great work environment
elevated TlWZw Interested candidates who share our vision to provide compassionate care for a broad spectrum of bereavement services and are looking for a unique and mutually rewarding employment experience are invited to submit their resume and cover letter in confidence to: