elevated plvAf Catholic Cemeteries & Funeral Services – Archdiocese of Toronto (CCFS) is currently hiring a full time Director, Information Technologies to join our Executive Team at our corporate office located in North York. This is a rare opportunity to work with a full-service and fast growing bereavement profession leader. This role is an integral part of the leadership group at CCFS and is expected to work collaboratively with the executive management team to provide strategic vision and implement strategies to help CCFS to continue to yield exceptional experiences for our families, all while ensuring the efficiency, integrity and security of our information technology and networks.
elevated plvAf The Position:
elevated plvAf Reporting directly to the President & CEO, this position is primarily responsible for the following:
- Lead and guide our Information Technology team to ensure CCFS is capable of exceeding the expectations of our families and our employees. Ensure that the department’s goals are in line with CCFS’s core values and goals. Communicate to staff all IT related matters.
- Lead and manage our continued transition from paper to digital platforms.
- Implement and maintain the appropriate service delivery models and balance in-house capability with service providers while ensuring the integrity and security of our data.
- Develop technology strategy and tactics that are necessary for our success and, when implemented, are received by our employees with enthusiasm.
- Evaluate technology and make recommendations to ensure compatibility and effectiveness. Includes phones (land, cell and VOIP), field radios, backbone network/MPLS, photocopiers, sound systems and more. Plan and evaluate the work of professional, technical and other support staff.
- Maintain existing equipment and accessories to ensure they operate at optimal levels.
- Maintain appropriate corporate IT standards. Establish written policies and procedures for IT operations as appropriate and necessary.
- Oversee the daily operational activities of the department and our IT. Ensure integrity of our user accounts, network and data, using industry leading practices. Monitor CCFS network and provide regular maintenance and troubleshooting as required. Ensure consistent, excellent network performance and uptime, including redundancies.
- Ensure vulnerability of system is minimized and create and maintain Disaster Recovery Plan for CCFS Network and IT.
- Liaise with third party services to install or reorganize offices, as required for new build or renovation. Support our Facilities Development Department with Technical Support and Assistance through the design and build phases.
- Manage Service Level Agreement (SLA) and maintain up to date listing of agreements with external suppliers and ensure agreements are adhered to and within budgetary requirements.
- Maintain inventory of all CCFS computer hardware, software and related licenses. Source and review costing of equipment as required for replacement or upgrades and make the appropriate recommendations.
- This position is scheduled for a five day work week, Monday to Friday. Core working hours are from 8:30am to 4:30pm. As an employer, we offer a 100% salary based position with performance based incentive programs, full benefit package, employer pension plan, and a collaborative work environment.
elevated plvAf The Candidate:
elevated plvAf The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years of previous job-related experiences, as well as have proven success and experience with leadership, project management, budgeting and strategic planning. Completion of a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline or, the equivalent job–related experience along with proven business acumen is essential. Working knowledge of MPLS, VM, Cloud technologies, and network redundancy, virtual machines and remote technologies is required. Network Capabilities / Experience along with working knowledge of Unix & Linux Operating System Language, Certification is preferred. The required skill sets include: strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively negotiate and resolve conflicts, analyse data, is detail oriented, has presentation skills, strong organization and time management skills as well as ability to prioritize. The ability to be available during all operational hours, in cases of emergency is required and the ability to have a flexible schedule is a prerequisite for the success of the incumbent. A valid Ontario G Driver’s License in good standing and a clear Police Clearance Record is required. Not-for profit sector experience is an asset.
elevated plvAf We would like to thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. CCFS is committed to the health & safety of our workplace and of the families we serve. Any candidates considered for employment must be dually vaccinated against COVID and must comply with current COVID protocols in place throughout the recruitment process.
elevated plvAf In compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), CCFS provides suitable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If contacted by our recruiters and you require accommodations, please inform them of the nature of the accommodation(s) that you may require to ensure your equal participation. For further information on this position and our recruitment process, please contact Willie Lou at Willie.Lou@roberthalf.com