elevated BJJ6u The origins of Catholic Cemeteries & Funeral Services – Archdiocese of Toronto (CCFS) date back to 1822 when the first Catholic cemetery was established in Toronto. CCFS is a non-profit, religious organization and continues to fulfill our mission of carrying out the sacred functions related to funeral services and burial, and the preservation of these resting places as symbols of the Catholic faith. Geographically dispersed across the Archdiocese are seven fully active cemetery locations including ten mausoleums, two (and one under construction) funeral homes, and one crematorium (and one being planned). We are a leader in the bereavement profession and we are proud of the work we do in service of our bereaved families. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you is firmly entrenched in our DNA.
elevated BJJ6u Due to a promotion from within, CCFS is presently looking for a full-time Director, Operations to join our management team at our corporate office in Toronto. This is an exciting and rare opportunity to join our organization at a senior level. This position is an integral part of our leadership team and member of our Executive Committee (EC). Expected to work collaboratively with our management team to provide strategies and implement practices to ensure that CCFS continues to deliver exceptional experiences and compassionate service to our families, all while ensuring efficiency, safety, and control of our expenses.
elevated BJJ6u The Position:
elevated BJJ6u Reporting directly to the President & CEO, this position is primarily responsible for the following:
- Develop operational strategies and tactics that assist CCFS in both ongoing and future success.
- Create and monitor CCFS’ operating and expense budgets, course correcting as required.
- Participate and contribute to EC meetings. Assist in the regular monitoring of corporate performance while ensuring concerns are addressed and resolved.
- Provide leadership, coaching and assistance to our cemetery and funeral home Managers to ensure that CCFS operates efficiently, upholds operating policies and expense budgets, while exceeding the company’s goals and objectives. Visit locations on a regular basis to gain insight on the operational needs and customer demands.
- Guide our information technology to ensure that CCFS continues to implement solutions that will generate higher efficiency, enhanced customer experiences, and drive a return on investment.
- Manage and support the Operations Team to ensure that we are successful in delivering the most robust bereavement services possible at each of our locations.
- Continuous monitoring of operations using technology, reports, meetings and dialogue with employees and customers. Work with our team to identify and correct concerns and potential issues.
- Monitor employee and visitor safety and maintain regulatory compliance. Manage the process of incident reporting and drive a culture of safety first to ensure all (visitors and employees) return home at the end of the day safe and sound. Develop and implement safety initiatives, training programs and improved communication tools.
- Participate as a member of CCFS’ union negotiations team to provide support and assistance while ensuring that the operational needs of the organization are preserved.
elevated BJJ6u The Candidate:
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 7 to 10 years’ experience in the bereavement profession or service-related industry, in progressive leadership roles. Demonstrable success and experience with budgeting, strategic planning, and implementation. The required skill sets include strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively negotiate and resolve conflicts, analytic skills, detail oriented, presentation skills, strong organization, and time management skills as well as the ability to prioritize. The ability to be available evenings and weekends as required and have a flexible schedule is a prerequisite for success. Completion of a bachelor’s degree in Business or related discipline or equivalent job-related experience along with proven business acumen is essential. A valid Ontario G Driver’s License in good standing and a clear Police Clearance Record is required. Not-for profit sector experience is an asset.
elevated BJJ6u CCFS is committed to the health & safety of our workplace and of the families we serve. Any candidates considered for employment must be fully vaccinated with two vaccines against COVID and must comply with current COVID protocols in place throughout the recruitment process.