Catholic Cemeteries & Funeral Services – Archdiocese of Toronto (CCFS) is hiring full-time Embalmer at Holy Cross Catholic Funeral Home located in Markham. The Embalmer reports directly to the Funeral Home Manager and will be responsible to ensure optimal care is provided to all decedents trusted in our care.
- Verify identification and embalming authorizations for all decedents in our care.
- Complete and maintain all related documentation, including but not limited to embalming reports and decedent logs.
- Preparing decedents in accordance to the requests of the family members and in accordance to all applicable professional, municipal, provincial and federal licensing authority regulations.
- Perform restorations, dressing, applying cosmetics and other preparations required for human remains before casketing the decedent in preparation for visitation and final disposition
- Maintains the preparation room by performing thorough sanitation and ensures hazardous materials and spills are safely handled in accordance to policies and procedures and best practices.
- Organizes prep room activities, cleans and maintains linens and ensures inventory such as chemical, sundry and personal protective equipment within the preparation room is maintained.
- Promotes a healthy and safe work environment.
- Assists with any housekeeping within the funeral home as directed.
- Assists with various funeral home activities in times of high volumes, as directed.
- Scheduled to work 5 days per week from Monday to Friday and Saturdays every third week. May also be required to work outside of regular business hours.
Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications:
- Class 1 Funeral Directors License in good standing
- Exhibits a minimum of 5 years of embalming experience as the primary level of responsibility.
- Committed to provide excellent customer service by working effectively and independently or as part of a team.
- Outstanding interpersonal, presentation and both verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills, problem solving skills, exceptional attention to detail, accuracy and the ability to multitask in a fast pace environment.
- High level of compassion and integrity
- A thorough understanding of the Catholic faith, beliefs, traditions and practices pertaining to funerals, funeral mass and burials is essential.
- Physical able to lift over 80 pounds, frequent bending, twisting, standing and walking for prolonged periods of time; occasionally kneel, push and pull.
- Excellent knowledge of Funeral Home procedures and business practices.
- Knowledge of computers and MS Office products required
- A valid Ontario Class G Driver’s License in good standing and a clear Police Clearance Record is a required.
At CCFS we recognize the importance of the ability to build a long lasting career that allows employees the ability to contribute, team work and professional development. As an employer, we seek candidates that share our vision for compassionate care and service, and are driven to build a long lasting and rewarding career with a bereavement sector leader. As an Employer we offer:
- secure employment with balanced work schedules
- competitive salary and annual incentives
- full benefit package
- employee assistance programs
- pension plan program
- uniform program
- training opportunities
- employee recognition programs
- a great work environment
Interested candidates who share our vision to provide compassionate care for a broad spectrum of bereavement services and are looking for a unique and mutually rewarding employment experience are invited to submit their resume and cover letter in confidence to: