Catholic Cemeteries & Funeral Services – Archdiocese of Toronto (CCFS) is hiring a full-time Service Administrator (Counsellor) at Assumption Catholic Cemetery, located in Mississauga.
- Works collaboratively with the cemetery office staff to provide exceptional service to grieving Catholic families by answering inquiries (in person, via email and by phone), providing information and assist in the resolving any concerns as required.
- Provide the Cemetery office with administrative support including but not limited to: typing and filing burial and memorialization related records.
- Attend burial services and ensure all interments are carried out with compassion and superior customer service and in accordance to both CCFS procedures and the requests of our families.
- Locate and inspect the burial site for verification purposes as part of the burial process on the day prior and on the day of the burial.
- Liaise with Funeral Directors ensuring special requests are reviewed and Cemetery By-Laws are understood prior to the committal service. Attend committal services and ensure all interments are carried out on an acceptable level of service.
- Verify Bronze Markers, inscriptions, memorial lights and other memorialization services are carried through as per a family’s request. Communicate with families once services are in place.
- Assists Cemetery Staff with the timely investigation and resolution of customer concerns and/or complaints.
- This position is from Monday to Saturday, 5 days per week, between the hours of 8:30am to 4:30pm.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- A minimum of 1 – 2 years of administrative and customer service experience.
- Committed to provide excellent customer service by working effectively and independently, or as part of a team.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail and consistently high level of accuracy when processing information.
- Ability to explain concepts and ask questions about a family’s needs for the purpose of resolving concerns are key to this position.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work in both indoor and outdoor environments in all weather conditions.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office.
- Previous bereavement experience is preferred.
- A valid Ontario Class G Driver’s License and a clear Police Clearance Record is required.
At CCFS we recognize the importance of building a long-lasting career that provides employees the ability to contribute, to work in a team environment, and to realize professional development. As an employer, we seek candidates that share our vision for compassionate care and service and are driven to build a long lasting and rewarding career with a bereavement sector leader. As an employer we offer:
- secure employment with balanced work schedules
- competitive salary
- full benefit package
- employee assistance program
- pension plan program
- uniform program
- training opportunities
- employee recognition programs
- a great work environment including effective COVID Protocols in place to assist in keeping employees and visitors healthy and safe
For further information on this position and our recruitment process, interested candidates who share our vision to provide compassionate care within a broad spectrum of bereavement services and are looking for a unique and mutually rewarding employment experience are invited to submit their resume and cover letter in confidence to: