elevated Lyrg3 Catholic Cemeteries & Funeral Services – Archdiocese of Toronto (CCFS) is hiring full-time Class 2 Licensed Funeral Director at our Holy Cross Catholic Funeral Home located in Markham.
elevated Lyrg3 Job Responsibilities:
- Works collaboratively with the team to arrange, coordinate and direct funeral services from the first point of contact to the final disposition.
- Co-ordinate and liaise with families to create various memorial tributes for deceased prior to and during funeral services using the various technological applications available.
- Ensure that every aspect of client family care and service provided is done with the highest professional standards with both compassionate care and exceptional customer service between funeral and cemetery services.
- Complete contracts and manage various documents and collection of payments in accordance to CCFS policies and with the required level of details, accuracy and confidentiality.
- Direct and lead Funeral Director Assistants and support staff as directed by management and in accordance to CCFS expectations for highest professional standards and in adherence to policies and procedures.
- Meet and exceed the needs and expectations of the families we serve and efficiently respond and resolve customer inquiries and any related service concerns as required.
- Co-ordinate interments, entombments and cremation burials with various cemeteries.
- Work to understand the important relationship between the funeral home and the cemetery property to ensure a cohesive and collegial working environment.
- Develop and maintain relationships within the Catholic community for the purposes of mission fulfillment, revenue generation and market share growth.
elevated Lyrg3 Qualifications:
- Class 2 Funeral Directors license and experience in funeral service.
- Exhibits experience in superior arrangement and directing skills
- Committed to provide excellent customer service by working effectively and independently or as part of a team.
- Outstanding interpersonal, presentation and both verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail and consistently high level of accuracy.
- Ability to use and learn various technological applications common within funeral homes.
- Excellent knowledge of Funeral Home procedures and business practices
- Strong organizational skills, ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and works well under pressure.
- A thorough understanding of the Catholic faith, beliefs, traditions and practices pertaining to funerals, funeral mass and burials is essential.
- A valid Ontario Class G Driver’s License and a clear Police Clearance Record is a required.
elevated Lyrg3 Employee Benefits:
elevated Lyrg3 At CCFS we recognize the importance of the ability to build a long lasting career that allows employees the ability to contribute, team work and professional development. As an employer, we seek candidates that share our vision for compassionate care and service, and are driven to build a long lasting and rewarding career with a bereavement sector leader. As an employer we offer:
- secure employment with balanced work schedules
- competitive salary & full benefit package
- generous performance team based quarterly and annual incentives
- employee assistance programs
- employee-matched pension plan program
- uniform & dry cleaning programs
- training opportunities
- employee recognition programs
- a great work environment
- professional advancement opportunities
elevated Lyrg3 Interested Funeral Directors who share our vision to provide compassionate care for a broad spectrum of bereavement services and are looking for a unique and mutually rewarding employment experience are invited to submit their resume and cover letter in confidence to: