elevated 7b0eA Catholic Cemeteries & Funeral Services – Archdiocese of Toronto (CCFS) is currently looking for several Funeral Home Service Representatives – Server to join our team at Holy Cross Catholic Funeral Home. The Funeral Home Service Representative – Server will report to the Funeral Home Manager and will take direction from the Receptions & Facility Coordinator or the Senior Funeral Directors on duty. This position works towards consistently providing CCFS families and their guests with a positive experience while in our facility(s) during receptions, private family meals, meetings or events.
elevated 7b0eA DUTIES:
- Greet, serve and provide CCFS families and their guests with exceptional, professional and courteous service
- Set up, clear, clean and reset reception rooms as directed. This may include but is not limited to the relocation of tables, chairs, serving stations, etc. All dinnerware, glasses, flatware, trays cleaned before and after each use. Reception rooms vacuumed, kitchen mopped, swept, removal of garbage, etc.
- Monitor all food orders upon delivery and address any discrepancies/food shortages
- Replenish refreshments, food and supplies throughout the reception or event
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food
- All kitchen equipment is kept in good working order and immediately report any equipment deficiencies.
- Laundering of linens as scheduled
- Assist with general light housekeeping duties for all common areas including but not limited to: reception rooms, arrangement rooms, washrooms, overall funeral home facilities, etc.
- Ensure a professional appearance in CCFS’ partial/full uniform at all times.
elevated 7b0eA KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Availability to cover morning, day and weekend hours. On occasion, evening hours may be available based on funeral home needs and volumes.
- Minimum of one year’s work experience in food serving and/or hospitality sector
- Certification in Safety Food Handling or the ability to obtain one.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and customer service skills focusing on guest needs
- Ability to work independently and cohesively within a team in a fast-paced environment
- Physical aspects include: ability to occasionally lift items weighing up to 50 lbs; bending, twisting; constant standing and walking for prolonged periods of time; occasionally kneel, push and pull.
- Completion of High School Diploma or greater is required.
- Valid Ontario G License in good standing
- A Clear Police Clearance Record
elevated 7b0eA This position offers a competitive rate, partial uniform, training, a safety-oriented employer and a great work environment. Interested candidates who share our vision to provide compassionate care for a broad spectrum of bereavement services and are looking for a unique and mutually rewarding employment experience are invited to submit their resume.