elevated 7Zobj Catholic Cemeteries & Funeral Services – Archdiocese of Toronto (CCFS) is a large cemetery organization that provides General Labourers (Seasonal) with a unique opportunity to use their skills in construction, landscaping and general maintenance to take care of our burial spaces, buildings and properties, while making a difference for many grieving families.
elevated 7Zobj LOCATION:
- Assumption Catholic Cemetery, Mississauga, Ontario
- Holy Cross Catholic Cemetery, Thornhill, Ontario
elevated 7Zobj DUTIES:
- Participate in the Catholic burial process. This will include in the preparation, set up and completion of all interments and entombments at our properties. Completion of burial process includes installing memorial foundations, bronze/granite markers, pictures, wreaths and stands, etc.
- Perform various landscaping duties (softscaping and hardscaping) around buildings, structures, monument foundations, roadways and the general property. Landscape duties include but are not limited to: lawn maintenance, planting, weeding, watering, grave site restoration, etc.
- Perform basic janitorial services in our Mausoleums such as vacuuming, dusting, replacement of light bulbs, general housekeeping to all common areas, etc. to maintain our property facilities
- Assist in the preparation of on-site religious celebrations and special event days
elevated 7Zobj QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Two years of experience in general light construction and/or landscaping
- Physically able to do heavy lifting (up to 50 lbs.), bend, stoop, climb, reach and walk for prolonged periods of time with the ability to work from heights, work within confined spaces
- Work in all weather conditions
- Hands on experience and ability to operate a variety of grounds maintenance and landscaping equipment and operate vehicles
- Customer service oriented to courteously interact with families or visitors on the property grounds
- Must be fluent in English, both orally and written and basic computer and numeracy skills
- Completion of High School Diploma or greater is required
- Valid Ontario G Driver’s License in good standing and a Clear Driver’s Abstract
- Clear Police Record Check
elevated 7Zobj EMPLOYMENT & BENEFITS:
- Full time hours (8:00am to 4:30pm), 5 days per week with one Saturday off every third week
- 8 month seasonal work term, from April to November with annual recall rights
- $23.36 per hour starting rate with scheduled increase
- On the job training, Uniform Items and Personal Protective Equipment
- Benefits & Pension coverage provided upon recall
elevated 7Zobj We would like to thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. In compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), CCFS provides suitable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If contacted by our Human Resources department and you require accommodations, please inform them of the nature of the accommodation(s) that you may require to ensure your equal participation.
elevated 7Zobj CCFS is committed to the health & safety of our workplace and of the families we serve. Any candidates considered for employment must be fully vaccinated with two vaccines against COVID and must comply with current COVID protocols in place throughout the recruitment process.