elevated jb4lQ Catholic Cemeteries & Funeral Services – Archdiocese of Toronto (CCFS) is an established bereavement industry leader. We have successfully integrated our faith, traditions, values, and strengths into our funeral homes located on our cemetery properties. In turn, we have allowed many generations of our grieving families to arrange all their funeral, burial and cremation needs in one convenient location.
elevated jb4lQ CCFS is currently looking for part-time Drivers for our Funeral Home located at Holy Cross Cemetery in Markham. This job is perfect for people who are looking for flexible part time or on-call work and would be available for various shifts both mornings and afternoons from Monday to Saturday. Shifts will range between 4 to 8 hours long, during the hours of 8:00am to 4:00pm.
elevated jb4lQ Job Responsibilities:
- Work on an at-need basis 2-3 times per week as a driver in the funeral profession.
- Consistently punctual and arrives on or before scheduled shift.
- Drive company-owned professional vehicles safely to transport bereaved family members to funeral services, visitations, and receptions as well as during funeral processions. May pick up and return family members to their place of residence.
- Vehicles may include limousines, sedans and funeral hearses.
- Courteously and professionally interacts with bereaved family members; exhibits sensitivity to environment; assists passengers with exiting and entering vehicles, including passengers with special needs, and assist with securing any passenger’s personal belongings.
- Transport decedents to cemeteries, crematoriums and/or airports; may assist with moving caskets. Participate in out of town transfers as required.
- May assist Funeral Director Assistants with driving or lifting and transporting decedents.
- Courier documents, family mementos, or flowers to and from Funeral Home and family’s residence.
- Carry flowers from flower vehicle, hearses or limousines for receptions, funeral services, and interments.
- Assist in organizing parking lot activity, as required.
- Assist Funeral Directors with funeral services to ensure services run smoothly and as planned.
- Act as pall bearers as required.
- Ensure company vehicles are washed, vacuumed and cleaned after funeral services and as required to ensure vehicles remain presentable and stocked with comfort supplies for mourners.
- Fuel vehicles as necessary. Follows safety guidelines and report any vehicle engine or operating issues to management.
- Complete job related documentation and perform light housekeeping duties as required.
- Other related funeral home activities as assigned.
elevated jb4lQ Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Completion of High School Diploma or greater is required
- A minimum of 1 year of job-related work and customer service experience as a limousine driver and/or professional with direct customer interaction; bereavement experience is preferred
- Ability to work weekdays and afternoons, Monday to Saturday to accommodate business needs
- Physical effort requiring attention to driving hazards, traffic, and weather conditions
- Physically ability to comfortably lift a minimum of 80 lbs., bend, stoop, reach, etc. and frequently endure continuous period of standing or sitting up to two hours.
- Ability to work both indoors and outdoors regardless of weather conditions
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and works well under pressure.
- A valid Ontario Class G Driver’s License and Driver’s Abstract, both in good standing. Knowledge of the GTA and surrounding areas. Significant amount of local travel required
- A clear Police Clearance Record is a required.
- Any candidates considered for employment must be vaccinated against COVID-19 and must comply with current COVID protocols.
elevated jb4lQ Employee Benefits:
- secure employment with flexible work schedules
- competitive hourly wage
- employer-matched pension plan program upon eligibility
- uniform program
- a great work environment
- Safety oriented employer
elevated jb4lQ Submit your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org