elevated Pmqxb Catholic Cemeteries & Funeral Services – Archdiocese of Toronto (CCFS) is currently hiring a Manager, Safety & Operations Services to join our corporate team located in the Toronto area. This is an exciting and unique opportunity for a rewarding career with a bereavement sector leader. CCFS operates a number of cemeteries and funeral homes, 7 days per week, to assist in fulfilling the bereavement needs for the catholic community. This position provides operational support to our cemeteries and funeral homes throughout the GTA while ensuring the organization’s health and safety goals are achieved.
elevated Pmqxb Responsibilities:
- Ensures all CCFS business units have access to the appropriate resources as required. Maintains inventory of supplies and material required throughout the cemetery and funeral operations.
- Supervises CCFS’ mechanic shop and manages the organization’s fleet and equipment required throughout the cemetery and funeral operations. Sources and makes recommendation for all vehicle and maintenance equipment needs and purchases.
- Adheres to operational policies and procedures and assists with challenges
- Manages and supervises CCFS’ security services, alarm monitoring systems and manages all employee access to CCFS buildings and properties.
- Represents CCFS as the Management Representative of the Joint Health & Safety Management Committee and co-ordinates all health and safety budgets, programs, assists in the development and presentation of health & safety content. Assists CCFS in addressing and resolving any health and safety concerns as required.
- Represents CCFS as the primary point of contact with Ministry of Labour matters and/or visits. Co-ordinates meetings, activities and follow ups as required.
- Supports our Executive Vice President, Manager – Operations, and both front-line Managers and forepersons with various projects and tasks to ensure operational needs are met and are maintained at optimal levels.
elevated Pmqxb Qualifications:
- secondary school education or greater in Business Administration, Marketing or related field or equivalent job related experience
- Knowledge of Workplace Safety and Insurance Board Legislation & Ontario Health and Safety Act
- 5 -10 years of previous bereavement operations / operational experience is preferred
- 3 – 5 years of Team Management and Project Management experience is required
- strong administration, communication, planning, analytical, negotiation and leadership skills
- time management, detail oriented and complaint resolution experience
- ability to work independently
- a valid Ontario G License in good standing
elevated Pmqxb Position Details:
- 5 day work week schedule, Monday to Friday
- Base salary plus performance based incentive program
- extensive benefit package, paid by the employer
- company match pension plan
elevated Pmqxb We are committed to creating an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process for the purpose of hiring the most qualified applicants for all roles. We truly appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those whose skills and qualifications meet our requirements will be contacted. In compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), CCFS provides suitable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If contacted by our Human Resources department and you require accommodations, please inform them of the nature of the accommodation(s) that you may require to ensure your equal participation. Please note that all resumes submitted will be kept on file for a six month period.