Catholic Cemeteries & Funeral Services – Archdiocese of Toronto (CCFS) is a bereavement industry leader. At CCFS our success can be attributed to our infinite commitment to the bereaved and providing compassionate care and a high level of service, all immersed in tradition, values, and faith. We are presently looking to hire Servers (Funeral Service Representative, Receptions & Facilities) for 4 reception rooms located within Holy Cross Funeral Home in Richmond Hill/Markham area.
Our Servers provide exceptional service with compassion and professionalism to families and their guests, as they gather to share a meal in our funeral home. This is a great opportunity to use your skill sets in a unique industry with plenty of opportunities to learn and grow. If you are a compassionate individual that can make a lasting impression, we want to hear from you!
- Greet and serve CCFS families and their guests with courteous and professional service.
- Ability to work as a team and communicate with all levels of the organization to ensure an optimal experience is delivered and our guests’ needs are being always met
- Set up, clean, and reset reception rooms as directed. This may include but is not limited to serving stations, setting tables, housekeeping duties, etc.
- Monitor all food orders upon delivery and address any discrepancies/food shortages
- Replenish refreshments, food and supplies throughout the reception or event
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food
- Laundering of linens, as scheduled
- Assist with general light housekeeping duties for all common areas throughout our facilities
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Energetic, team-oriented, self-motivated and capable of prioritizing and handling multiple demands simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Minimum of 1 year food serving experience and/or hospitality sector experience
- Safe Food Handling Certification or the ability to obtain certification is required
- Strong organizational, communication, interpersonal and customer service skills
- Physical aspects include: ability to occasionally lift items weighing up to 50 lbs; bending, twisting; constant standing and walking for prolonged periods of time; occasionally kneel, push and pull.
- Valid Ontario G License in good standing (an asset)
- A Clear Police Clearance Record
Employment & Benefits:
- Varying schedule options available: Monday to Sunday, mornings, afternoon, occasional evenings
- Competitive Wages
- Partial Uniform to start and then full uniform after successful completion of probation
- Free On-site Parking
- Transit Accessible
For further information on this position and our recruitment process, please refer to our website. Interested candidates who are looking for a unique and mutually rewarding employment experience are invited to submit their resume.
CCFS is committed to the health & safety of our workplace and of the families we serve. Any candidates considered for employment must be vaccinated against COVID-19 and must comply with current COVID protocols.
elevated GrUyp Apply here: firstname.lastname@example.org