elevated pupoH Catholic Cemeteries & Funeral Services – Archdiocese of Toronto (CCFS) is hiring a full-time Funeral Director Assistant at Holy Cross Catholic Funeral Home located in Markham.
elevated pupoH Job Responsibilities:
- Works collaboratively with the funeral home manager and staff to ensure CCFS families are provided a high level of service and every aspect of client family care is done with the highest professional standards between funeral and cemetery services.
- Conduct activities such as transfers of the deceased from place of death (residence, nursing homes, hospitals, Coroner’s office, etc.) to our funeral home.
- Assist with the dressing and casketing of human remains, preparing for visitation and chapel services.
- Effectively complete business errands, conduct deliveries, drive funeral vehicles and other related activities associated with CCFS families’ needs as directed.
- Responsible for the cleaning, polishing and re-stock supplies for all funeral vehicles.
- Assist Funeral Directors to create various memorial tributes for deceases prior to and during funeral services using the various technological applications available.
- Provided assistance in administrative functions as directed. Ensure all related documentation is accurate and in line with CCFS policies and procedures.
- Assist in coordinating parking lot activity including but not limited to: directing families, assisting with managing parking needs and traffic flow, managing funeral flags, etc.
- Attend and assist Funeral Directors and CCFS families at interments, entombments and cremation burials at various cemeteries.
- Provide general housekeeping duties including but not limited to: dusting, vacuuming, cleaning washroom, facilities, maintaining family lounge, reception rooms, etc.
- Work to understand the important relationship between the funeral home and the cemetery property to ensure a cohesive and collegial working environment.
- Assist in the funeral home’s mission to develop and maintain relationships within the Catholic Community for the purposes of mission fulfillment and market share growth.
elevated pupoH Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Completion of High School Diploma or greater is required
- A minimum of 2 years of job-related and customer service experience. Bereavement experience is preferred
- Committed to provide excellent customer service by working effectively and independently or as part of a team.
- Physically ability to comfortably lift a minimum of 80 lbs., bend, stoop, reach, etc.
- Outstanding interpersonal and both verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail and consistently high level of accuracy when performing administrative tasks.
- Ability to use and learn various technological applications.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and works well under pressure.
- A thorough understanding of the Catholic faith, beliefs, traditions and practices pertaining to funerals, funeral mass and burials is an asset.
- A valid Ontario Class G Driver’s License and Driver’s abstract, both in good standing. Knowledge of the GTA and surrounding areas.
- A clear Police Clearance Record is a required.
elevated pupoH Employee Benefits:
elevated pupoH At CCFS we recognize the importance of the ability to build a long lasting career that allows employees the ability to contribute, team work and professional development. As an employer, we seek candidates that share our vision for compassionate care and service, and are driven to build a long lasting and rewarding career with a bereavement sector leader. As an employer we offer:
- secure employment with balanced work schedules
- competitive salary and annual incentives
- full benefit package
- employee assistance programs
- pension plan program
- uniform program
- training opportunities
- employee recognition programs
- a great work environment
elevated pupoH Interested candidates who share our vision to provide compassionate care for a broad spectrum of bereavement services and are looking for a unique and mutually rewarding employment experience are invited to submit their resume and cover letter in confidence to:
elevated pupoH Email: firstname.lastname@example.org