CURRENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
- Pre-need Funeral Director/Counsellor
- Project Coordinator
- Funeral Director – Markham
- Family Sales Counsellor – Mississauga
- Cemetery Labourers
- Funeral Service Representative – Receptions and Facilities (Part-time)
- Summer Students, Grass Cutters
Pre-Need Funeral Director/Counsellor
Catholic Cemeteries & Funeral Services – Archdiocese of Toronto (CCFS) is currently looking for a highly qualified person to join our team as a Pre-Need Funeral Director. This position is responsible to assist our bereaved families wanting to arrange for funeral services in advance of need and will join the team at Holy Cross Catholic Funeral Home, located in Markham.
The Pre-Need Funeral Director is responsible for developing opportunities and establishing lasting relationships within the Catholic community, with the goal of promoting and selling funeral arrangements and related Supplies and Services to pre-need clients for the purposes of mission fulfillment, revenue generation and market share growth. To fulfill our expectations, the Counsellor is responsible for generating leads for new sales, completing aftercare, attending company sponsored events and parish presentations, and maintaining up-to-date and accurate sales records. This position is the primary point of contact for walk-in families and leads received by our corporate office as a result of marketing initiatives.
The ideal candidate must have previous job-related experience and a strong knowledge base of the bereavement industry. The required skills to ensure success include exceptional customer service, knowledge of pre-need arrangements, superior communication, excellent time management skills, attention to detail, the ability to cultivate strong interpersonal relationships with families and co-workers, and the ability to explain concepts and ask questions about a family’s needs are critical. A thorough understanding of the Catholic faith, beliefs, traditions and practices pertaining to funerals, funeral masses and interments is essential. Fluency in English is required and the ability to speak a second language would be an asset. As a prerequisite to this position, the selected candidate must have a valid Ontario G License in good standing, a clear Police Clearance Record and a College Diploma or greater is required. Qualified candidates with a Funeral Director License or a Funeral Pre-Planner Certificate will be considered, however a Class 1 Director’s License is preferred.
This position offers a competitive base salary, generous performance based quarterly incentives, full benefit package, employer match pension plan program, uniform program, training, established marketing, referral and lead programs, education reimbursement program, a great work environment and an opportunity to grow at a uniquely innovative funeral home within your profession.
Qualified applicants who share in our commitment to provide families with compassionate care and exceptional customer service between funeral and cemetery services are invited to submit their resume, including salary expectations, in confidence to the attention of Human Resources via e-mail at
firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax to (416) 733-9944.
Catholic Cemeteries & Funeral Services – Archdiocese of Toronto is currently looking for a full time Project Co-Ordinator to join the Facility Development team at our corporate office located in North York. As this is a newly created position, this is an exciting opportunity to work with a full service bereavement industry leader. This role will support our Facility Department in the expansion and construction of our buildings and burial sections developed to provide sacred burial options for our bereaved catholic families.
Reporting directly to the Director, Facility Development, the position is primarily responsible for providing ongoing administrative support for all our construction and development plans from project set up to project close out, communicate with municipalities and suppliers, and maintain records to support project expenses and budgets as well as assisting with burial inventory control.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of three years’ experience in construction management and/or project management, be familiar with Municipal Development processes and have direct experience in reading and understanding construction drawings and documents. The required skill sets include: strong administrative skills with an aptitude for analytical and attention to detail, scheduling, computer literate, possess strong communication skills, complemented with time management, multi-task management skills and the ability to work independently and as part of a team. Completion of Post-Secondary Education along with a valid Ontario G Driver’s License in good standing and a clear Police Clearance Record is required. We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and a great work environment.
Funeral Director, Markham
Catholic Cemeteries & Funeral Services – Archdiocese of Toronto (CCFS) is currently looking for a Class 1 Funeral Director to join our team at Holy Cross Catholic Funeral Home in Markham. The Funeral Director will report directly to the Funeral Home Manager and will be responsible to assist with the day to day interactions with the CCFS families and visitors from the first point of contact to the final disposition. As well, our funeral directors are expected to develop and maintain relationships within the Catholic community for the purposes of mission fulfillment, revenue generation and market share growth. This position, although works with a schedule, may also be required to work hours that vary with fluctuations in Funeral Services and based on operational needs.
The ideal candidate must have a minimum of 5 years’ of previous job-related experience and have a solid knowledge of the bereavement industry. As such, the ideal candidate will share in our commitment to provide our clients with both compassionate care and exceptional customer service between funeral and cemetery services. Required skills to be successful in this role include exceptional customer service, at need arrangements, superior communication, excellent time management skills, attention to detail, confidentiality and the ability to cultivate and foster strong interpersonal relationships with families, co-workers and suppliers is also critical. A thorough understanding of the Catholic faith, beliefs, traditions and practices pertaining to funerals, funeral mass and burials is essential. Fluency in English is required and the ability to speak a second language would be an asset. As a prerequisite to this position, candidates must hold a valid Ontario G License in good standing and a clear Police Clearance Record.
This position offers a competitive salary, full benefit package, employer-match pension plan program, uniform program, training, a safety oriented employer, education reimbursement program, a great work environment and an opportunity to grow at a uniquely innovative funeral home within your profession.
Family Sales Counsellor – Mississauga
Catholic Cemeteries & Funeral Services – Archdiocese of Toronto is currently looking for a Family Sales Counsellor to join our team located in Mississauga. This is an exciting and rare opportunity for a rewarding career with a bereavement industry leader. We are committed to providing our clients with both compassionate care and superior customer service. This position reports directly to the Cemetery Manager and provides individuals with the opportunity to develop and maintain relationships within the Catholic Community for the purposes of mission fulfillment, revenue generation and market share growth.
The Family Sales Counsellor is responsible to develop opportunities and establish lasting relationships within the catholic community, primarily with the goal to promote and sell Cemetery burial space, supplies and services as well as assisting families in the design and placement of memorialization markers and monuments. To fulfill our expectations, the Counsellor is responsible to generate leads for new sales, attend company sponsored events, attend parish presentations and maintain sales records.
This position is scheduled for a five day work week, with one scheduled day off, Monday to Saturday. Core working hours are from 8:30am to 4:30pm. As an employer, we offer a 100% salary based position with a generous performance based incentive programs, full benefit package, employer pension plan, on the job training and a great work environment
The ideal candidate will possess strong communication skills, time management skills, interpersonal skills, customer service skills, detail oriented, and the ability to work independently. Fluency in English required and a second language beneficial coupled with the ability to explain concepts and ask questions about a client’s needs are key to this position. Previous bereavement sales experience is preferred. A valid Ontario G License in good standing, a clear Police Clearance Record and a College Diploma or greater is required.
Attention Quality Labourers!
Catholic Cemeteries & Funeral Services – Archdiocese of Toronto (CCFS) is a large cemetery organization that provides Seasonal Laborers with a unique opportunity to use their skills in construction, landscaping and general maintenance and make a difference for many grieving families by taking care of our burial spaces, buildings and properties. Our unique workplace binds us together and we have built a great team.
Join Us…if you share in our values for the sacredness of a Catholic burial space, attention to detail and the need to have your work provide you with a great sense of meaningfulness and pride.
CCFS is currently seeking self-motivated and team oriented individuals for full-time Seasonal Labourer positions located throughout the GTA (Mississauga, Thornhill and Toronto) for our 2020 Season starting in the beginning of April to the end of November.
- Participate in the Catholic burial process. This will include in the preparation, set up and completion of all interments and entombments at our properties, including satellite cemeteries. Completion of burial process includes framing, pouring concrete and installing memorial foundations, bronze/granite markers, pictures, wreaths and stands, etc.
- Perform various landscaping and hardscaping duties around buildings, structures, monument foundations, roadways and the general property. Landscape duties include but are not limited to: lawn maintenance, planting, weeding, watering, grave site restoration, etc.
- Perform basic janitorial services in our Mausoleums such as vacuuming, dusting, replacement of light bulbs, general housekeeping to all common areas, etc. to maintain our property facilities
- Assist in the preparation of on-site religious celebrations and special event days
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- A minimum two years of previous proven professional experience and/or knowledge in one or more of the following areas: general construction, landscaping and/or landscaping construction
- Physically able to do heavy lifting (up to 50 lbs.), bend, stoop, climb, reach and walk for prolonged periods of time with the ability to work from heights, work within confined spaces and in various weather conditions
- Hands on experience and ability to operate a variety of grounds maintenance and landscaping equipment and operate vehicles
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment
- Courteously interact with families or visitors on the property grounds
- Completion of High School Diploma or greater is required
- Must be fluent in English, both orally and written, be computer literate to successfully complete web-based training, possess basic numeracy skills, punctual and reliable
- Prior to your start date, you must be able to provide a valid Ontario G Driver’s License in good standing, a Clear Driver’s Abstract, a CCFS Physician’s Report confirming your ability to perform the required duties, a clear Police Criminal Record Check and a pair of your own CSA approved (green patch) safety boots
Upon Hire, you will receive:
- A five days per week schedule, Monday to Saturday, 8:00am to 4:30pm with one Saturday off every third week. Work in all weather conditions and at one location with no need to drive to various job sites.
- An 8 month long seasonal work term, from the beginning of April to the end of November
- On the job training, Uniform Items and Personal Protective Equipment
- Opportunity for recall rights along with increase in hourly rate to a maximum earning potential of $31.54
- Benefits coverage provided
We would like to thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Funeral Service Representative – Receptions and Facilities (Part-time)
Catholic Cemeteries & Funeral Services – Archdiocese of Toronto (CCFS) is currently looking for several Funeral Service Representatives to join our team at Holy Cross Catholic Funeral Home. The Funeral Service Representative – Receptions and Facilities will report to the Funeral Home Manager and will take direction from the Receptions & Facility Coordinator or the Senior Funeral Director on duty. This position works towards consistently providing CCFS families and their guests with a positive experience while in our facility(s) during receptions, private family meals, meetings or events.
• Greet, serve and provide CCFS families and their guests with exceptional, professional and courteous service
• Set up, clear, clean and reset reception rooms as directed. This may include but is not limited to the relocation of tables, chairs, serving stations, etc. All dinnerware, glasses, flatware, trays cleaned before and after each use. Reception rooms vacuumed, kitchen mopped, swept, removal of garbage, etc.
• Monitor all food orders upon delivery and immediately address any discrepancies/food shortages
• Have full knowledge of menu items being served as it may relate to dietary restrictions, allergens, etc.
• Replenish refreshments, food and supplies on a timely basis throughout the reception or event
• Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food
• Linens are to be laundered appropriately as scheduled and ensure inventory of linens is always available for any subsequent event.
• All kitchen equipment is kept in good working order and immediately report any equipment deficiencies.
• Assist with general light housekeeping duties for all common areas including but not limited to: reception rooms, arrangement rooms, washrooms, overall funeral home facilities, etc.
• Ensure a professional appearance in CCFS’ partial/full uniform at all times.
• Availability covering morning, day and weekend hours. On occasion, evening hours may be available based on funeral home needs and volumes.
• Minimum of one year’s work experience in food serving and/or hospitality sector
• Certification in Food Handling or the ability to obtain one.
• Strong communication, interpersonal and customer service skills focusing on guest needs
• Ability to work independently and cohesively within a team in a fast-paced environment
• Physical aspects include: ability to occasionally lift items weighing up to 50 lbs; bending, twisting; constant standing and walking for prolonged periods of time; occasionally kneel, push and pull.
• Completion of High School Diploma or greater is required.
• Valid Ontario G License in good standing
• A Clear Police Clearance Record
This position offers a competitive rate, partial uniform, training, a safety-oriented employer and a great work environment.
Summer Students, Grass Cutters
ATTENTION STUDENTS!!! Secure your 2020 Summer job today.
Be part of our team and work Monday to Friday, 8:00am to 4:30 pm only. Have your weekends off, all while being physically fit and getting a great a tan! You can start as early as May and end in August and if we get along, you will be invited to return the following year!
Catholic Cemeteries & Funeral Services – Archdiocese of Toronto is currently seeking motivated and team-oriented individuals located throughout the GTA (Mississauga, Woodbridge, Thornhill, Toronto, Markham, Whitby) and the Barrie area to join our team as Grass Cutters. These positions are for our 2020 Season starting in the beginning of May and ending in August.
• Perform regular lawn maintenance as required to ensure an acceptable level of maintenance in and around buildings, structures, monuments, memorials, along roadways and general cemetery property.
• Safe and careful handling and use of manual tools, equipment, vehicles and machinery.
• Perform light maintenance on lawn equipment and tools, such as lawn mowers and trimmers.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
• Completion of a High School Diploma or greater is required.
• Previous work experience using push mowers, ride on mowers, trimmers, an asset
• Physically fit and able to walk, sit and push with/on mechanical equipment for prolonged periods of time in varying weather conditions.
• Courteously interact with families or visitors on the property grounds.
• Ability to successfully complete web-based training, possess basic numeracy skills, punctual and reliable.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
• Must have a valid Ontario Driver’s G License or G2 License at the minimum, in good standing.
• Completed CCFS Physician’s Report confirming you are able to perform duties during the hours worked will be required.
• Provide your own CSA approved safety boots.
Upon Hire, you will receive:
• Five days per week, Monday to Friday, 8:00am to 4:30pm
• Partial Uniform
• Personal Protective Equipment required for the job
• On the job training
• Returning Grass Cutters receive safety footwear allowance and opportunity for recall rights along with increase in hourly rate
We would like to thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Resumes along with cover letters to be submitted by Friday, February 7, 2020. Interviews can be held during your reading week.