Thank you for your interest in working for Catholic Cemeteries & Funeral Services – Archdiocese of Toronto (CCFS). At CCFS, we understand that the ultimate success of our organization is dependent on the commitment and support of our employees. We recognize the importance of the ability to contribute, team work and career growth. We view ourselves as an employer that rewards hard work and dedication through an attractive compensation package, extensive benefits and career advancement opportunities. Our continued success and rapid growth has allowed CCFS to expand its Ministry to include both cemetery and funeral services, thus allowing us to best service the Catholic community for all their bereavement needs. As such, we are able to provide qualified individuals with the opportunity to build a long lasting and rewarding career with a bereavement sector leader.
CURRENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
- Family Sales Counsellor
- Funeral Director
- Cemetery Labourers
Family Sales Counsellor – Mississauga
Catholic Cemeteries & Funeral Services – Archdiocese of Toronto (CCFS) is currently hiring a Family Sales Counsellor to join our team located in the Mississauga area. This is an exciting and unique opportunity for a rewarding career with a bereavement sector leader. We are committed to providing our Catholic families with both compassionate care and superior customer service. This position reports directly to the Cemetery Manager and provides qualified individuals with the opportunity to develop and maintain relationships within the Catholic Community for the purposes of mission fulfillment, revenue generation and market share growth.
The Family Sales Counsellor is responsible to develop opportunities and establish lasting relationships within the Catholic community, primarily with the goal to provide product knowledge and sell Cemetery burial space, supplies and services as well as assisting families in the design and placement of memorialization markers and monuments. To fulfill our expectations, the Counsellor is responsible to generate leads for new sales, attend company sponsored events, attend parish presentations and maintain sales records.
This position is scheduled for a five day work week, with one scheduled day off, Monday to Saturday. Core working hours are from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm. As an employer, we offer a 100% salary based position with generous performance based incentive programs, full benefit package, employer pension plan, on the job training, uniform and a great work environment
The ideal candidate will possess strong communication skills, time management skills, interpersonal skills, customer service skills, detail oriented, and the ability to work independently. Fluency in English required, and a second language is beneficial coupled with the ability to explain concepts and ask questions about a families’ needs are key to this position. A thorough understanding of the Catholic faith, beliefs, traditions and practices pertaining to funerals, funeral mass and burials is essential. Previous bereavement sales experience is preferred. A valid Ontario G License in good standing, a clear Police Clearance Record and a College Diploma or greater is required.
We would like to thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. In compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), CCFS provides suitable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If contacted by our Human Resources department and you require accommodations, please inform them of the nature of the accommodation(s) that you may require to ensure your equal participation.
Funeral Director – Markham
Catholic Cemeteries & Funeral Services – Archdiocese of Toronto (CCFS) is currently looking for a Class 1 Funeral Director to join our team at Holy Cross Catholic Funeral Home in Markham. The Funeral Director will report directly to the Funeral Home Manager and will be responsible to assist with the day to day interactions with the CCFS families and visitors from the first point of contact to the final disposition. As well, our funeral directors are expected to develop and maintain relationships within the Catholic community for the purposes of mission fulfillment, revenue generation and market share growth. This position, although works with a schedule, may also be required to work hours that vary with fluctuations in Funeral Services and based on operational needs.
The ideal candidate must have previous job-related experience and have a strong knowledge of the bereavement industry. As such, the ideal candidate will share in our commitment to provide our clients with both compassionate care and exceptional customer service between funeral and cemetery services. Required skills to be successful in this role include exceptional customer service, at need arrangements, superior communication, excellent time management skills, attention to detail, confidentiality and the ability to cultivate and foster strong interpersonal relationships with families, co-workers and suppliers is also critical. A thorough understanding of the Catholic faith, beliefs, traditions and practices pertaining to funerals, funeral mass and burials is essential. Fluency in English is required and the ability to speak a second language would be an asset. As a prerequisite to this position, candidates must hold a valid Ontario G License in good standing and a clear Police Clearance Record.
This position offers a competitive salary, full benefit package, employer-match pension plan program, uniform program, training, a safety oriented employer, education reimbursement program, a great work environment and an opportunity to grow at a uniquely innovative funeral home within your profession.
Attention Quality Labourers!
Catholic Cemeteries & Funeral Services – Archdiocese of Toronto (CCFS) is a large cemetery organization that provides Seasonal Laborers with a unique opportunity to use their skills in construction, landscaping and general maintenance and make a difference for many grieving families by taking care of our burial spaces, buildings and properties. Our unique workplace binds us together and we have built a great team.
Join Us…if you share in our values for the sacredness of a Catholic burial space, attention to detail and the need to have your work provide you with a great sense of meaningfulness and pride.
CCFS is currently seeking self-motivated and team oriented individuals for full-time Seasonal Labourer positions located throughout the GTA (Mississauga, Thornhill and Toronto) for our 2020 Season starting in the beginning of April to the end of November.
- Participate in the Catholic burial process. This will include in the preparation, set up and completion of all interments and entombments at our properties, including satellite cemeteries. Completion of burial process includes framing, pouring concrete and installing memorial foundations, bronze/granite markers, pictures, wreaths and stands, etc.
- Perform various landscaping and hardscaping duties around buildings, structures, monument foundations, roadways and the general property. Landscape duties include but are not limited to: lawn maintenance, planting, weeding, watering, grave site restoration, etc.
- Perform basic janitorial services in our Mausoleums such as vacuuming, dusting, replacement of light bulbs, general housekeeping to all common areas, etc. to maintain our property facilities
- Assist in the preparation of on-site religious celebrations and special event days
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- A minimum two years of previous proven professional experience and/or knowledge in one or more of the following areas: general construction, landscaping and/or landscaping construction
- Physically able to do heavy lifting (up to 50 lbs.), bend, stoop, climb, reach and walk for prolonged periods of time with the ability to work from heights, work within confined spaces and in various weather conditions
- Hands on experience and ability to operate a variety of grounds maintenance and landscaping equipment and operate vehicles
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment
- Courteously interact with families or visitors on the property grounds
- Completion of High School Diploma or greater is required
- Must be fluent in English, both orally and written, be computer literate to successfully complete web-based training, possess basic numeracy skills, punctual and reliable
- Prior to your start date, you must be able to provide a valid Ontario G Driver’s License in good standing, a Clear Driver’s Abstract, a CCFS Physician’s Report confirming your ability to perform the required duties, a clear Police Criminal Record Check and a pair of your own CSA approved (green patch) safety boots
Upon Hire, you will receive:
- A five days per week schedule, Monday to Saturday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm with one Saturday off every third week. Work in all weather conditions and at one location with no need to drive to various job sites.
- An 8 month long seasonal work term, from the beginning of April to the end of November
- On the job training, Uniform Items and Personal Protective Equipment
- Opportunity for recall rights along with increase in hourly rate to a maximum earning potential of $31.54
- Benefits coverage provided
We would like to thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.