CURRENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
- Family Sales Counsellor – Mississauga
- Funeral Service Representative – Receptions and Facilities (Part-time)
Catholic Cemeteries & Funeral Services – Archdiocese of Toronto (CCFS) is currently looking for highly qualified funeral professional to join our team at Catholic Cremation Services (CCS). CCS is a Class 1 funeral home that focuses on the needs of families seeking a Catholic funeral, cremation and burial, providing the high level of service and value that our families have come to expect. CCS is located on the grounds of Assumption Catholic Cemetery and Crematorium in Mississauga. This is an exciting and rare opportunity for a rewarding career with a bereavement sector leader who values the contributions made by its employees in service to our families.
Funeral Directors report directly to the Funeral Home Manager and will be responsible to assist with the day to day interaction with families and visitors from the first point of contact to the burial. As well, our funeral directors are expected to develop and maintain relationships within the Catholic community for the purposes of mission fulfillment, revenue generation and market share growth. While this full-time role provides a set work schedule, it will require work hours that vary with fluctuations in Funeral Services and based on operational needs.
The ideal candidate must have a minimum of 5 years’ of previous job-related experience and have a solid knowledge of the bereavement sector. As such, the ideal candidate will share in our commitment to provide our clients with both compassionate care and exceptional customer service between funeral and cemetery services. Required skills to be successful in this role include exceptional customer service, pre-need and at-need arranging, superior communication, excellent time management skills, attention to detail, confidentiality and the ability to cultivate and foster strong interpersonal relationships with families, co-workers and suppliers. A thorough understanding of the Catholic faith, beliefs, traditions and practices pertaining to funeral, cremation and burial is essential. As a prerequisite to this position, candidates must hold a Class 1 Funeral Directors’ license and a valid Ontario G License, both in good standing and a clear Police Clearance Record.
This position offers a competitive salary, full benefit package, an employer matched pension plan program, uniform and dry-cleaning program, training, a safety-oriented employer, education reimbursement program, a great work environment and an opportunity to grow at a uniquely innovative funeral home.
Family Sales Counsellor – Mississauga
Catholic Cemeteries & Funeral Services – Archdiocese of Toronto is currently looking for a Family Sales Counsellor to join our team located in Mississauga. This is an exciting and rare opportunity for a rewarding career with a bereavement industry leader. We are committed to providing our clients with both compassionate care and superior customer service. This position reports directly to the Cemetery Manager and provides individuals with the opportunity to develop and maintain relationships within the Catholic Community for the purposes of mission fulfillment, revenue generation and market share growth.
The Family Sales Counsellor is responsible to develop opportunities and establish lasting relationships within the catholic community, primarily with the goal to promote and sell Cemetery burial space, supplies and services as well as assisting families in the design and placement of memorialization markers and monuments. To fulfill our expectations, the Counsellor is responsible to generate leads for new sales, attend company sponsored events, attend parish presentations and maintain sales records.
This position is scheduled for a five day work week, with one scheduled day off, Monday to Saturday. Core working hours are from 8:30am to 4:30pm. As an employer, we offer a 100% salary based position with a generous performance based incentive programs, full benefit package, employer pension plan, on the job training and a great work environment
The ideal candidate will possess strong communication skills, time management skills, interpersonal skills, customer service skills, detail oriented, and the ability to work independently. Fluency in English required and a second language beneficial coupled with the ability to explain concepts and ask questions about a client’s needs are key to this position. Previous bereavement sales experience is preferred. A valid Ontario G License in good standing, a clear Police Clearance Record and a College Diploma or greater is required.
Attention Quality Labourers!
Catholic Cemeteries & Funeral Services – Archdiocese of Toronto (CCFS) is a large cemetery organization that provides Seasonal Laborers with a unique opportunity to use their skills in construction, landscaping and general maintenance and make a difference for many grieving families by taking care of our burial spaces, buildings and properties. Our unique workplace binds us together and we have built a great team.
JOIN US…if you share in our values for the sacredness of a Catholic burial space, attention to detail and the need to have your work provide you with a great sense of meaningfulness and pride.
CCFS is currently seeking self-motivated and team oriented individuals for full-time Seasonal Labourer positions located throughout the GTA (Mississauga, Thornhill and Toronto).
• Participate in the Catholic burial process. This will include in the preparation, set up and completion of all interments and entombments at our properties, including satellite cemeteries. Completion of burial process includes framing, pouring concrete and installing memorial foundations, bronze/granite markers, pictures, wreaths and stands, etc.
• Perform various landscaping and hardscaping duties around buildings, structures, monument foundations, roadways and the general property. Landscape duties include but are not limited to: lawn maintenance, planting, weeding, watering, grave site restoration, etc.
• Perform basic janitorial services in our Mausoleums such as vacuuming, dusting, replacement of light bulbs, general housekeeping to all common areas, etc. to maintain our property facilities
• Assist in the preparation of on-site religious celebrations and special event days
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
• A minimum two years of previous proven professional experience and/or knowledge in one or more of the following areas: general construction, landscaping and/or landscaping construction
• Physically able to do heavy lifting (up to 50 lbs.), bend, stoop, climb, reach and walk for prolonged periods of time with the ability to work from heights, work within confined spaces and in various weather conditions
• Hands on experience and ability to operate a variety of grounds maintenance and landscaping equipment and operate vehicles
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment
• Courteously interact with families or visitors on the property grounds
• Completion of High School Diploma or greater is required
• Must be fluent in English, both orally and written, be computer literate to successfully complete web-based training, possess basic numeracy skills, punctual and reliable
• Prior to your start date, you must be able to provide a valid Ontario G Driver’s License in good standing, a Clear Driver’s Abstract, a CCFS Physician’s Report confirming your ability to perform the required duties, a clear Police Criminal Record Check and a pair of your own CSA approved (green patch) safety boots
Upon Hire, you will receive:
• A five days per week schedule, Monday to Saturday, 8:00am to 4:30pm with one Saturday off every third week. Work in all weather conditions and at one location with no need to drive to various job sites.
• An 8 month long seasonal work term, from the beginning of April to the end of November
• On the job training, Uniform Items and Personal Protective Equipment
• Opportunity for recall rights along with increase in hourly rate to a maximum earning potential of $31.54
We would like to thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Funeral Service Representative – Receptions and Facilities (Part-time)
Catholic Cemeteries & Funeral Services – Archdiocese of Toronto (CCFS) is currently looking for several Funeral Service Representatives to join our team at Holy Cross Catholic Funeral Home. The Funeral Service Representative – Receptions and Facilities will report to the Funeral Home Manager and will take direction from the Receptions & Facility Coordinator or the Senior Funeral Director on duty. This position works towards consistently providing CCFS families and their guests with a positive experience while in our facility(s) during receptions, private family meals, meetings or events.
• Greet, serve and provide CCFS families and their guests with exceptional, professional and courteous service
• Set up, clear, clean and reset reception rooms as directed. This may include but is not limited to the relocation of tables, chairs, serving stations, etc. All dinnerware, glasses, flatware, trays cleaned before and after each use. Reception rooms vacuumed, kitchen mopped, swept, removal of garbage, etc.
• Monitor all food orders upon delivery and immediately address any discrepancies/food shortages
• Have full knowledge of menu items being served as it may relate to dietary restrictions, allergens, etc.
• Replenish refreshments, food and supplies on a timely basis throughout the reception or event
• Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food
• Linens are to be laundered appropriately as scheduled and ensure inventory of linens is always available for any subsequent event.
• All kitchen equipment is kept in good working order and immediately report any equipment deficiencies.
• Assist with general light housekeeping duties for all common areas including but not limited to: reception rooms, arrangement rooms, washrooms, overall funeral home facilities, etc.
• Ensure a professional appearance in CCFS’ partial/full uniform at all times.
• Availability covering morning, day and weekend hours. On occasion, evening hours may be available based on funeral home needs and volumes.
• Minimum of one year’s work experience in food serving and/or hospitality sector
• Certification in Food Handling or the ability to obtain one.
• Strong communication, interpersonal and customer service skills focusing on guest needs
• Ability to work independently and cohesively within a team in a fast-paced environment
• Physical aspects include: ability to occasionally lift items weighing up to 50 lbs; bending, twisting; constant standing and walking for prolonged periods of time; occasionally kneel, push and pull.
• Completion of High School Diploma or greater is required.
• Valid Ontario G License in good standing
• A Clear Police Clearance Record
This position offers a competitive rate, partial uniform, training, a safety-oriented employer and a great work environment.