elevated TQlam Catholic Cemeteries & Funeral Services – Archdiocese of Toronto (CCFS) is a large cemetery organization that has several cemeteries throughout the GTA. CCFS provides Cemetery Labourers (Seasonal) with a unique opportunity to use their skills in construction, landscaping and general maintenance to take care of our burial spaces, buildings and properties, while making a difference for many grieving families.
elevated TQlam LOCATION:
- Assumption Catholic Cemetery, Mississauga
- Holy Cross Catholic Cemetery, Thornhill
- Queen of Heaven Catholic Cemetery, Woodbridge
elevated TQlam DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate in the Catholic burial process. This will include in the preparation, set up and completion of all interments and entombments at our properties. Completion of burial process includes installing memorial foundations, bronze/granite markers, pictures, wreaths and stands, etc.
- Perform various landscaping duties (softscaping and hardscaping) around buildings, structures, monument foundations, roadways and the general property. Landscape duties include but are not limited to: lawn maintenance, planting, weeding, watering, grave site restoration, etc.
- Perform basic janitorial services in our Mausoleums such as vacuuming, dusting, replacement of light bulbs, general housekeeping to all common areas, etc. to maintain our property facilities
- Assist in the preparation of on-site religious celebrations and special event days
elevated TQlam QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Two years of experience in general light construction and/or landscaping
- Physically able to do heavy lifting (up to 50 lbs.), bend, stoop, climb, reach and walk for prolonged periods of time with the ability to work from heights, work within confined spaces
- Work in all weather conditions
- Hands on experience and ability to operate a variety of grounds maintenance and landscaping equipment and operate vehicles
- Customer service oriented to courteously interact with families or visitors on the property grounds
- Must be fluent in English, both orally and written and basic computer and numeracy skills
- Completion of High School Diploma or greater is required
- Valid Ontario G Driver’s License and Driver’s Abstract, both in good standing
- Clear Police Record Check
- CCFS is committed to the health & safety of our workplace and of the families we serve. Any candidates considered for employment must be fully vaccinated against COVID, including available boosters, and must comply with current COVID protocols in place throughout the recruitment process.
elevated TQlam EMPLOYMENT & BENEFITS:
- Full time hours (8:00am to 4:30pm), 5 days per week, Monday to Saturday, with one Saturday off every third week
- 8 month seasonal work term, from April to November with annual recall rights
- $23.36 per hour starting rate with scheduled increases to $33.97 per hour
- On the job training, Uniform Items and Personal Protective Equipment
- Benefits coverage provided upon recall and paid fully by employer
- Pension coverage provided upon recall
- Signing Bonus paid for a limited time only
elevated TQlam We would like to thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. In compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), CCFS provides suitable accommodations to individuals with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If contacted by our Human Resources department and you require accommodations, please inform them of the nature of the accommodation(s) that you may require to ensure your equal participation.